admin

This is the unofficial website of Indian Post office schemes which shows official schemes of Indian Post Office e.g., Public Provident Fund (PPF), RD, MIS, Kisan Vikas Patra, NSC, Time Deposits, Savings account, Senior Citizens Savings Scheme etc.

13 thoughts on “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Post Office Banking

• January 11, 2011 at 5:23 am

Plese advice upon maturity of MIS deposit in case joint holders how will the cheque be issued.
    Is it on both names
    Either one them
    or we can choose to one of the joint account holder
    Please advice

• June 14, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I have PPF account. I opened my PPF aacount in the year 1999 and i am depositing regularly without any defaults. I have withdrawn in the year 2007 September Rs.20,000/- as per the rules of PPF. Now that i want to withdraw another 20,000/- in 2011 June. My balance in the account is Rs.58000/-The authourities have denied my application.I need advice on the matter

• June 23, 2011 at 3:00 am

The rule to withdraw money from PPF is “A withdrawl is permissible every year from the seventh financial year of the date of opening of the account, of an amount not exceeding 50% of the balance at the end of the 4th proceeding year or the year immediately proceeding the year of the withdrawal, whichever is lower, less the amount of loan if any.”

Hope it will help you.
    Admin

• January 28, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I was open an a RD account on 09.01.2002 monthly Rs.500/- for a period of 5 years. After 5 years, i continue the same for next 5 years. Now, i want to know, what is the maturity value of my account on 16.01.2012.
                                                                  Praveen Kumar Saxena

• September 28, 2012 at 10:51 am

how can i pay RD through online.

• November 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm

My wife has a post office PPF account, which she opened before marriage. She now wants to get the name changed from her maiden name to married name, Please advise the procedure for the same.

• November 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

You need document proof for new name e.g. PAN card, passport, driving license, Aadhar card, UID etc. Carry other documents also like PPF passbook, PAN card, photo etc. You’ll get the required form from post office for change in name.

Hope it will help you.
    Admin

• November 30, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I have been maintaining RD account at Guntakal. Consequent upon transfer to Hyderabad, I have applied for the transfer of RD accounts on form ISB 10(b) at Hyderabad on 05-09-2012. The RD account books are yet to be received. However, while submittin, the denomination of the RD was paid by me in advance ahead one month. That is also expired and the RD account books that have been sent to Guntakal are not come back. Now the RD account amount have to be paid for which it is told that I have to pay the penalty. What is the rule position. How this can be continued. If the RD account books not reached even after three months what facility is there to maintain the said RD accounts. Please let me know.

• February 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I have purchased 4 nos of KVP at Patna-Bihar state and
    date of maturity will be 13.03.13. Due to my transfer, I have shifted my family to Chennai . On 22.02.13 I have handedover apllcation to Anna Road Post Office for transfering the KVP to Chennai and payment in the due date. But so far not heared any thing from Anna Road post office.Pl advise me what is next proceduture and whom I have to meet for getting the amounts.

Thanks & Regards

s venkatesan

• April 11, 2013 at 5:26 pm

i wanted to know about the documents required to become a FD agent ????

• February 7, 2014 at 11:05 am

IN the case of KVP Dclaim case. If holder was made nomination to her first Son as nominee. But nominee was died before the death of investor. and further no nomination was made by holder.

In this case who will be clamaint. either her another son or legal heir of the deceased nominee ie nominee wife

• April 4, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Whether full maturity value and post maturity interest will be given to the nominee of a KVP deceased holder. The KVP was purchased in the year 2005