admin

This is the unofficial website of Indian Post office schemes which shows official schemes of Indian Post Office e.g., Public Provident Fund (PPF), RD, MIS, Kisan Vikas Patra, NSC, Time Deposits, Savings account, Senior Citizens Savings Scheme etc.

9 thoughts on “Indian Post office Time Deposit

• April 29, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,
    I want to become an agent for post office savings schemes ( just like any insurance agent). Kindly advise how to go about the same.
    Awaiting your reply at the earliest.
    Regards,
    Uttam.

• May 8, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Please consult the Post head-office in your area and discuss with head post master.

Regards

• November 29, 2010 at 6:37 am

i want 2 ask that minimum how much amt we can deposit in nse & kvp

• March 30, 2011 at 5:51 am

i want to ask, i and my father had invested in 1 year time deposite scheme under the joint 'B' at Hardoi post office. But my father's heath is in bad heath condition and he can not go to hardoi( we live in bareilly). Our accounts were matured in 2009. I want to ask may i sole eligilble to renew time deposit account. I also wish to ask the precedure of time deposite account transfer. I asked at nearby post office they said it is very lengthy procedure and take too much of time. is it true??

• April 2, 2011 at 7:00 am

You can not solely operate the account if it's a joint account. You need to get signature of your father wherever required. The process of transfer takes time. All the documents regarding that can be obtained from post office.
    Hope it will help you.
    Admin

• September 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm

where can i get the slab for tax on interest generated from post office term deposit??

• March 13, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Hi,
    If i close close my 5 year Time Deposit account after 1 year, will I have to pay tax on both the interest and my principal. I have claimed the 80 C benefit for this scheme.

• September 18, 2014 at 1:39 am

Hi have a question:
    My father got a time deposit of 3 years in year 2000 and anyhow he forgot about it and now he discovered in 2014 that he had one such deposit which has already matured in 2003. He contacted the head of post office, he says my father will be getting only maturity amount and no interest for these extra 11 years the money was with the post office. I just want to know is there such provision in post office not to get interest paid for these extra years the money was left for ? Thanks in advance!