admin

This is the unofficial website of Indian Post office schemes which shows official schemes of Indian Post Office e.g., Public Provident Fund (PPF), RD, MIS, Kisan Vikas Patra, NSC, Time Deposits, Savings account, Senior Citizens Savings Scheme etc.

13 thoughts on “Post office Recurring Deposit (RD) Rule

• August 12, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Sir,
    We have open 6 year RD a/c in Post office in new delhi. now date of maturity in near, now some one told me that you can withdraw only 50% amount at the time of maturity & 50% amount will be leps. Being of the a/c I am deposit 2000/- per month in RD a/c , Sir I want to know what is correct. Pls do the needful
    my e-mail ID is [email protected]

• March 7, 2011 at 12:24 pm

On maturity of my RD I had to submit my RD passbook. I was told by my post office that they wanted to check if the enteries tallied with the enteries in their books. I am now told that from 2005 to 2008 they cannot find the enteries in their books. I am surpirsed at this and the post office is taking indefinite time to sort this problem. I am told by other RD customers that it takes there about 3 months. What rate of interest will I get if this problem is not sorted by three monhts. In fact it is now 38 days have passed after maturity. Please advise me at [email protected]

• March 7, 2011 at 12:57 pm

They might not give any extra interest. At most, they might give you interest equal to savings account rate. But not any ind of compensation. Use the power of RTI. That's the only way to sort out your problem in quick manner.
    Hope it will help you.
    Admin

• December 14, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I have taken loan/drawn an amount of Rs 6000/- on 21.10.2011 through my 5 Year RD account which was opened in the year 2007.  Now I want to repay Rs 6000/- before 20.12.2011 .  Please intimate me the total amount to be paid by me i.e Rs 6000/- plus interest for the period 21.10.2011 to 20.12.2011.

• July 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Sir,
    Me and my friend has opened the RD account and mainted for 22 months, now we want to close the account. Do both of us need to sign when taking the withdraw amount or only one is enough to sign the wirthdraw account.

• July 6, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Can we change the name of the Recurring deposit holder name in between. is there any possible to change the name of the RD deposit holder name

• July 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

dear sir,
    i have open 5 year rd in post office amount rs. 1000/- per month .i want deposit advance for 12 months. so please tell me what can i do for this and what rebate received to me.my e-mail id is [email protected]

• August 13, 2012 at 5:54 am

Please update PO RD Rules with Rule No 9(2)(b) and (c) to make it useful.

• August 13, 2012 at 11:26 am

Rule 9(2) (c) will apply.

• May 11, 2013 at 11:30 am

sir, 105000 Mis lnked RD after 5 years how much I get can write us.

• May 29, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Any body tell me the latest rules of RD in post office?

• October 4, 2015 at 3:13 am

dear sir,
    I have open 5 year rd in post office, amount rs. 500/- per month can I check RD amount through online.

• May 28, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Sir what is the application required for aattending minor to major.